Area of Practice:
Milana joined Lipsky Lowe LLP in 2018 and focuses her practice in employment law, including individual, complex collective and class action litigation under federal and state laws. Milana counsels and represents clients in a wide variety of employment matters, including the recovery of unpaid wages and benefits, tip misappropriation, sexual harassment, hostile work environment, retaliation, discrimination (based on gender, race, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion, etc.), and breach of contract. Milana’s practice is focused on advocating for employees’ rights for fair treatment and compensation in the workplace, by counseling both individuals and employers to create a safe and thriving environment for their employees and business.
Prior to joining Lipsky Lowe, Milana worked at a prominent law firm which focused on representing both labor unions and employees in a variety of state and federal labor and employment matters. Milana effectively advocated for hundreds of employees—including home attendants, construction workers, servers and other tipped employees, tailors, drivers, and domestic workers— to recover their unpaid wages and benefits in complex wage and hour litigation, under Fair Labor Standards Act, Home Care Worker Wage Parity Act, and other New York and New Jersey state laws. She also represented multi-employer benefit pension funds and labor organizations in ERISA litigation and arbitrations, including federal alter ego, single employer, and successor liability lawsuits.
Milana is listed as a Metro Rising Star by New York Super Lawyer Magazine in 2017 and 2018. No more than 2.5% of the lawyers in New York are named on this list.
Milana graduated from Trinity University with a double major in Business Administration and International Affairs and a minor in Spanish. Milana earned her J.D. from Fordham University School of Law in 2014, where she was placed on the Dean’s List for her academic accomplishments.
At Fordham University School of Law, Milana interned at the Fordham Consumer Litigation and Criminal Defense Clinics, served on the Fordham International Law Journal and actively competed in the national trial advocacy competitions at the Brendan Moore Trial Advocacy Center, including the ABA Labor and Employment Law Trial Advocacy Competition. Additionally, as the Event Planning Chair for Fordham Student Sponsored Fellowship, Milana organized the 2014 Public Service Auction which raised funds for legal scholarships that generated over 15,000 hours of legal pro bono work in the community. Milana received the Student Leadership Award and the Archibald M. Murray Award for Public Service, cum laude.
Milana was born in Moscow, Russia and was raised in Nicosia, Cyprus. Milana is a native Russian speaker and is conversational in Spanish.
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- Dean’s List
- Student Leadership Award
- Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award, cum laude
- Competitor, Brandon Moor Trial Advocacy Center
- Member, Fordham International Law Journal
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
- Majors: Business Administration and International Affairs
- Minor: Spanish
- Dean’s List
- Mortar Board National College Senior Honor Society
- National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society Sigma Delta Pi
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Serbian Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Fordham Law Alumni Association
- Member of the New York City Bar Association
- Committee Member of the United Nations Committee of the New York City Bar Association
- Committee Member of Women in the Legal Profession Committee at the New York City Bar Association
- Intermediate Spanish