Erica Hayes v. The Spot Billiards Cafe & Lounge and Reese Chen
On October 26, 2021, Plaintiff Erica Hayes filed a Complaint against The Spot Billiards Cafe & Lounge and Reese Chen in Rockland County Supreme Court, which is assigned case number 036000/2021.
Claims in the lawsuit:
The lawsuit alleges the following causes of action on behalf of Hayes:
- Sexual harassment under the New York State Human Rights Law. The Complaint alleges Defendants subjected Hayes to unwelcomed sexual conduct in the workplace that constitutes sex-based harassment.
- Assault under New York Common Law. The Complaint alleges, as a result of Defendants’ conduct, Hayes had a reasonable apprehension of immediate harmful or offensive contact to her person.
- Battery under New York Common Law. The Complaint alleges Hayes was sexually abused in her place of work by, or under the supervision of, Defendants.
- Failure to provide the Notice and Acknowledgment of Pay Rate and Payday under the Labor Law. The Complaint alleges Defendants failed to provide Hayes this Notice when she was hired or at any point in her employment.
- Failure to provide a proper wage statement with every wage payment under the Labor Law. The Complaint alleges Defendants failed to provide Hayes with paystubs that complied with N.Y. Lab. Law § 195.3.
- On October 26, 2021, Hayes filed the Complaint.
- On December 3, 2021, Defendants filed the Answer.
- On January 21, 2022, the Judge set a case scheduling order and the case is currently in the discovery phase.
*This update is current as of February 4, 2022.