On December 23, 2020, Plaintiff Rabindra Bastola filed a Complaint against LI Script LLC and LI Script North, LLC in Nassau County Supreme Court, which is assigned case number 600144/2021.
Claims in the lawsuit:
The lawsuit alleges the following causes of action on behalf of Bastola:
- Disability discrimination under the New York State Human Rights Law (“NYSHRL”). The Complaint alleges Defendants failed to reasonably accommodate Bastola’s hearing impairment, which constitutes a disability under NYSHRL.
- Retaliation under NYSHRL. The Complaint alleges Defendants terminated Bastola’s employment because of his complaints to the company that he was being discriminated against because of his disability.
- Untimely Wage Payments under the New York Labor Law. The Complaint alleges Bastola was paid every two weeks, instead of every week as required for manual workers such as Bastola.
- On December 23, 2020, Bastola filed the Complaint.
- On February 16, 2021, Defendants filed a motion to dismiss Bastola’s untimely wage payments claim. On March 9, 2021, Bastola filed his opposition to Defendants’ motion. On July 12, 2021, the Judge denied Defendants’ motion to dismiss.
- On July 23, 2021, Defendants filed the Answer.
- On September 7, 2021, the Judge entered a case scheduling order and the case is currently in the discovery phase.
*This update is current as of February 4, 2022.