On March 16, 2021, Kingston filed an Article 9 putative class action Complaint against Buy Buy Baby in the Supreme Court of New York, Nassau County, in which she asserts the single cause of action under N.Y. Lab. Law § 191(1)(a)(i) for the company failing to pay her and the putative class members not later than seven days after the end of the week in which the wages are earned.
- The parties reached a class-wide settlement agreement to resolve these claims for $3,300,000.
- On March 30, Kingston filed a motion seeking the Court’s preliminary approval of the Settlement Agreement.
- Under its June 17, 2021 and August 11, 2021 Orders, the Court granted preliminary approval of the Settlement Agreement and, in doing so, granted the following relief: (1) preliminary approving the class-wide settlement and certifying the settlement class; (2) appointing Plaintiff as the class representative; (3) appointing Lipsky Lowe LLP as class counsel; (4) approving the Settlement Notice and Claim form and directing their distribution; and (5) scheduling a final fairness hearing for December 2.
- On August 16, the Settlement Notice and Claim Forms were mailed to the class members giving them 60 days to participate in the class-wide settlement
- On December 2, the Court held a fairness hearing
- On April 8, 2022, the Court issued the Order granting final approval.
What does this mean? Settlement payments should be distributed by April 28, 2022.
If you have any questions about your payment (e.g., how much it is, need to confirm your address), you should contact Arden Claims Services, the Settlement Claims Administrator, at 877.623.2703 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: April 13, 2022